domingo, 6 de mayo de 2012

I have created a monster!

Today is Monday 7th of May and I am heading back to work.  Some people might call it a grind or  aday void of challenges,or some are just happy to go back to work.  For me Mondays and Saturdays are not happening days.  Days that are challenging for me are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.  On these days, I get to fix appetizers, sandwiches and salads for the clients.  I have a fan club that adores my creations.  Well, at about half past twelve till one o´clock, I serve appetizers, light healthy snacks.  For spring and summer, I prepare lots of fruits and juices.  For most of these tentalizing treats, I use fresh fruits and fruits that are in season.  Like for spring I use a lot of strawberries.
This past week,  I built a monster sandwich.  Some of you might be familiar with  those humongous hamburgers or sandwiches, but my boss haven´t heard of it.  Anyway, this is how it all began.
My colleague asked me to fix her a whopping sandwich.  She was hungry and she had a verocious appetite.  So  I took three slices of bread, prepared a tuna mixed with mayonaise, cut up a hard boiled egg and shredded some lettuce.  All three slices of bread have a coat of mayonaise, the first layer has lettuce, then I topped it with tuna mix.  On the second slice of bread, I added the two slices of ham or turkey and topped it with four slices of hard boiled egg.  (The slices have a round shape so it is easy to sit on the sandwich) I interweaved the ham with slices of cheddar cheese. The last layer of bread is to "seal the sandwich."  The option here is to add a slice of fresh green tomato, the kind you use for salads.  And there you have it a whopping Triple!  This is the code word from my colleagues.  "Jeff fix me a "triple."
So my boss walked into the kitchen felt hungry and asked me, Whose sandwich is this?"  I said, "It is for Maria!"  He asked if he could have it.  I said go ahead.  He ate the sandwich in two seconds or shall I say two mouthful or bites.  He asked me what do you call this sandwich?  "It is very good."  I said,  "It is a monster sandwich!"  Will attach a photo soon.  Have a great day!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario