domingo, 27 de mayo de 2012

Fabulous Weekend

 Saturday morning, woke up to a beautiful sunrise.  This is the view from our bedroom window!  The view is overlooking an artificial park with lots of rose bushes and  coniferous trees.
 I woke up early,so  I had some time to spare. I fixed french toast for the family.  Since there were so much bread accumulated during the week, I decided to put the bread and some eggs to good use.  I used farm fresh eggs given to us by Ana´s uncle who likes to buy ecofresh eggs.  With three eggs, some milk and a pinch of salt, the mixture was ready for some bread dunking.  I had the frying pan warmed up with a few drops of vegetable oil and within a few minutes, I had a batch of french toast for breakfast.  We used imitation maple syrup for the topping.  Those of you who are lucky, there is nothing like Aunt Jemima´s syrup.  I went to work this morning with a smile on my face and greeting the morning with a yelp of joy!
Sunday dinner was a simple affair with Broccoli and chicken.  Since we had some left over bamboo shoots from the other dinner, I threw everything into the mix.  But first, I marinated the chicken with oyster sauce, ginger, garlic, wine and some sesame oil.  Next I heat the wok and add two tablespoons of peanut cooking oil.  The best cooking oil in the world.  For the sauce, I added a cube of Avecrem and a teaspoon of cornstarch.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario